After being inspired by JenbutneverJenn (and trying to adapt her schedule for three attempts), I have a housewife schedule challenge that I’m willing to try. For thirty weekdays I will try to do all of the following things. I am not doing these things on the weekend or on holidays (which I don’t think there are any coming up). The challenge will last from February 26th until April 6th. I might add one or two weekend days when M pulls out the fridge and oven for me to clean behind. I will allow myself to adapt this schedule.
- Before 10am everyday – get dressed, eat breakfast, make beds
- Air out house for 1 hour everyday
- No computer from 10am-12pm
- Go for walk – to get the blood moving and feel energized
- Do a 10-minute tidy of the house
- Straighten all the rooms, do a light dusting of each room
- Sweep floors
- Clean bathroom counters and sink – wipes are okay
- Complete regular chore-of-the-day
- Do project-of-the-day – special tasks like detail the stairwell, clean the oven, finish gardening milestones, etc
- Create a blog post/work on blog
- Do dishes
- Clean kitchen – wipe down counters and stove, sweep and organize
- Make Dinner
- End Day
Mondays- Vacuum (I expect tidying to take longer & I’m unmotivated on these days)
Tuesdays – Laundry
Wednesdays – Yardwork
Thursdays – Errands
Fridays – Clean Bathroom(s)
Later in the challenge I’ll use the two hours no computer time to deal with outstanding projects.
Remember if things get overwhelming to steer into the skid (take advantage of your natural rhythms). This schedule has been adapted to do just that.