First day started off pretty well. My walk was a bit delayed due to rain but between breaks in the storm I managed to get in a very cold one. I knew it would take me longer to get the house straightened up since I haven’t done a good straightening in over a month. It took the better part of my two hours without computer to get through the living room, bathroom, master bedroom, and yellow room. The remaining time was spent starting my project-of-the-day – to clean all the ceiling fans and light fixtures. All of the bathroom light bulbs above the sink were unscrewed, wiped down, their fixture wiped down, and put back. As I was doing that I realized in the four years I’ve known M and two years I’ve lived here, they’ve never been cleaned. I also wiped down the blades of the master bedroom ceiling fan using the pillowcase trick. I’ll need to pull out the ladder in order to really clean all of the light fixtures, which was too much of a pain yesterday. So while I accomplished a part of my PotD, I didn’t get it done.
The afternoon found me putting potting soil in a seed tray in the side bathroom. It got the floor very messy but it’s all together and three rows of peas have been started. I’ll need to sweep up the dirt again today; yesterday it was mud. Then I vacuumed the upstairs and downstairs of the house, completing my chore-of-the-day. In the evening, I cleaned up the kitchen, finished all of the dishes, swept, and made a quick meal which M was kind enough to clean up for me. Overall it was a very successful start.
My morning tidy and straightening went well enough. I got a few extra spots cleaner than day one but soon ran into the problem I knew would come up. On day one I did most of the easy straightening and now on day two I finished the easy stuff and moved into the medium/harder stuff to straighten. Soon I’ll have to do the hard stuff like paper piles and boxes. My two hours without computer were a bit harder to cope with and I ended up starting my project-of-the-day (PotD) – detailing the stairwell.
Detailing the stairwell took a lot longer than expected. The idea was to vacuum, wipe down walls and baseboards, and replace the ugly curtains that came with the house. I had a set of hand-me-down grey curtains to replace them but they were about two inches too short. Luckily, the manufacturer had sewn in an extra fold, so I spent over an hour seam ripping the two panels. When I was done the curtains were the perfect length.
I got in a walk mid-afternoon before finishing my PotD. M was late getting home, which worked out really well for me as it gave me time to clean the kitchen and make a quick meal. I got my laundry all done, including the bedding, and folded and put away all of M’s things. When M got home, he helped me straighten the bed skirt and the whole room looks much better now.
Things I didn’t get done: folding my laundry, vacuuming the stairs. Overall another successful day.
The schedule here.